on 2/18/03 3:19 AM, Dustin at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> When I select the OS 9 parition as the boot disk,
> and restart, it goes to the "Happy Mac", then restarts again, and
> continues booting to OS X.
>
> Has anyone had this problem and fixed it?

Actually, despite all this OpenFirmware discussion, it sounds to me like you
have a corrupt system. When my Mac has done what you described, I had a
corrupt system file. Just recently, I would get the smiley mac, and then it
would go into reboot mode, and then I would get the flashing question mark.
However, in the past, I just got a continual reboot with a corrupt system
file. I happen to have a boot CD I made, that contains a complete system
folder along with some disk repair utilities. I simply pop it in, boot from
it, and drag over the system file to my hard drive, and I'm back in business
(Reminds me of System 7.1!). So, this may be your problem, although I cannot
guarantee it. :-)
--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders
itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." --John
Adams