ok - understood.
I'll shift to Times and see how it goes!
Thanks for your advice!

"WARNING  :  "Privileged/Confidential  information may be contained in this
message.  If  you  are  not  the  intended  addressee,  you  must not copy,
distribute  or  take  any  action in reliance thereon. Communication of any
information  in  this  email to any unauthorised person is an offence under
the Official Secrets Act (Cap 213). Please notify the sender immediately if
you receive this in error."

> I'm running OS9.2.2 on an iMac Bondi and am connected to an Apple
> LaserWriter 8500.

I'd guess it could only be a bad printer if the font is permanently stored
in ROM in the printer's permanent mewmory. Times New Roman is usually a
TrueType font, and those are not stored in many laser printers to my
knowledge.

Corrupt fonts are pretty common, and I'd try replacing that copy with
another copy of Times New Roman. Also check your system folder for multiple
copies of the same font, as you may have more than 1. A work around is
using
Times, which is the postscript version of the font, and is otherwise
identical.

(As a rule, I am trained to avoid TrueType fonts in general, because they
are incompatible with many high-resolution imagesetters, including our
own).
Stephen