on 25/2/03 9:24 PM, Jim Schulze at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Next step is to isolate the offending app if possible. Since you've
> tried
> killing 2 of the 4 and that didn't help, you may have narrowed it down
> to Office 2k or Quicken 2k.
>
> I would try shutting those down and see if that helps without having
> to do a reboot. I seem to recall there may have been memory leaks
> in those apps, so restarting them may help.

I know the effect you're talking about but I've never had it for more than
one or two times, and usually only when I'm throwing lots at my computer (in
OS 9.2.2 that is) like running Photoslop, Toast and VPC (who says OS 9 isn't
a stable OS (well, Ok, so Photoshop, Toast and VPC are perhaps the best and
most stable apps on *any* platform -- the quality of all three stuns me each
time I run them... they are OS X type stable and multitasking in a
pre-protected memory/pre-multitasking OS)) at the same time with both doing
stuff.

Try updating Office 2001 to SR 1. That cleared up a number of problems for
me.

Eric