on 3/3/03 9:12 PM, Ted Burford at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I installed Jaguar on my 1998 Wallstreet 266 mhz powerbook with a DVD
> Decoder card and it did not install DVD player, so I re installed Jaguar
> using the DVD Drive instead of the CD ROM drive.  DVD Player still did
> not show up. How / where can I get the DVD Player for OS X?  The reading
> I have done says it comes with OS X. I can't find it on apples site.
> Jaguar does recognize the DVD Card and the USB card I have.
>
> Ted
Ted, I have a Wallstreet with DVD-ROM and a decoder card. The DVD will not
work with Jaguar. The DVD module in a Wallstreet is not supported by OS X.
If you want to watch DVD's then you have to boot up in OS 9 and have virtual
memory up to 400+. That works well for me. I have 10.2.4 and the DVD app is
installed but it does not recognize the DVD module when you start up the
app. DVDs do mount correctly on the desktop and the decoder card does mount
and show up correctly.

I get very good playback with my DVD module with very few limitations. It
just won't work while using Jaguar.

Byron