On Mon, Mar 03, 2003 at 07:12:52PM -0800, Ted Burford wrote:
:
: I installed Jaguar on my 1998 Wallstreet 266 mhz powerbook with a DVD
: Decoder card and it did not install DVD player, so I re installed Jaguar
: using the DVD Drive instead of the CD ROM drive.  DVD Player still did
: not show up. How / where can I get the DVD Player for OS X?  The reading
: I have done says it comes with OS X. I can't find it on apples site.
: Jaguar does recognize the DVD Card and the USB card I have.

As most folks have already mentioned, OS X does not and probably will
never support DVD playback on Wallstreet (and Lombard too) via its own
DVD Player software.  You can play DVDs with other software like VLC,
but it's a software-only decoder (so a slow CPU means choppy playback).
And I the on-board video card is only connected via PCI (or AGP 1x),
which limits the amount of data that the CPU can send to video, and thus
leads to more choppy playback.

--
Eugene Lee