>If you plan to update to 10.2 (I strongly recommend), then, install 10.1,
>then update to 10.2. Then, use the software update that should be smart
>enough to tell you what update you need. I would imagine that you will need
>the "combo" update (10.2.3 and 10.2.4) and then there will be the security
>update.
>
>Make sure you follow the right order or you will have problems, as you have
>experienced...
>
>-Laurent.

AH, I HAVE TRIED ALL THE VARIOUS COMBINATIONS...  10.1 then the "combo"
update in the prescribed order , 10.1.5 hangs the machine with a dark
screen.  10.2 with or without the prescribed update will also hang the
machine after a partial install.  I would be happy to get just as far as
10.1.5 (inorder to run a piece of software)  but alas I can not seem to
solve this problem.  I will try to remove some ram (although it has run
well with it installed on 9.2.2)  The 30 gig HD seems to be ok but I
guess I could try to reinstall the orig 5 gig...I am at a loss...

TIA
Art