on 13/03/03 07:21, Jim Eddy at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I am in the process of setting up a wireless network. I have an iMac
> w/airport card, a graphite base station, and two lombard powerbooks. My
> lombard has a Cisco Aironet 340 wireless card. How do I use it to get
> the base station to dial up to my ISP (earthlink)? I can do it with the
> iMac (where Internet Connect changes to use airport), but I can't find
> anything in the Cisco software to do the same thing.

I would think you will have to use the AirPort Admin Utility and set it up
to dial Earthlink. I don't think your Cisco's card is involved at all, it's
just connecting to your base station, but the base station should do the job
of connecting. And it will do so whenever it receives a request from one of
your computer to go on the internet.

-Laurent.
Logiciels Nemesys Software               mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

fat electrons n.: Old-time hacker David Cargill's theory on the causation of
computer glitches. Your typical electric utility draws its line current out
of the big generators with a pair of coil taps located near the top of the
dynamo. When the normal tap brushes get dirty, they take them off line to
clean them up, and use special auxiliary taps on the bottom of the coil.
Now, this is a problem, because when they do that they get not ordinary or
`thin' electrons, but the fat'n'sloppy electrons that are heavier and so
settle to the bottom of the generator. These flow down ordinary wires just
fine, but when they have to turn a sharp corner (as in an integrated-circuit
via), they're apt to get stuck. This is what causes computer glitches.