Jeremy Derr writes:

>chalk another one up to mismatched code-names. i kept saying "lombard"
>but talking about "wallstreets". yet another reason i prefer to speak
>only in actual product names.

Such as PowerBook G3, PowerBook G3 Series, PowerBook G3, and PowerBook
for the "Kanga/3500" and "WallStreet/Mainstreet" models and "Lombard" and
"Pismo." Or original PowerBook G3, G3 Series, Bronze Keyboard, and
FireWire. Or the one that isn't supported for OS X vs the heavy old ones
that run OS X vs. the lighter one that replaced it vs. the one with
FireWire.

Clear as mud. ;-)

It's because Apple's product naming conventions since the return of Steve
Jobs have been so ambiguous that we use code names here, revision numbers
and MHz ratings when referencing iMacs, and so on. Apple's simplification
of the product line has created a heck of a lot of confusion.

And to help everyone out, we even clarify which model is which on the
list FAQ.

--
Dan Knight, president, Cobweb Publishing, Inc.
 <http://cobwebpublishing.com> <http://lowendmac.com>

Every day is payday in a labor of love.