On 03/16/2003, Andrew Johnson wrote:

>I would say the the code names make things easier usually, when someone
>says wallstreet, I know what they're talking about. But if someone said
>"I've got a PowerBook G3 that has problem X..." They could be talking
>about the WallStreet (PowerBook G3 Series, multiple bus speeds, 233,250
>and 300 mhz variants I believe) the WallStreet II (PowerBook G3 Series,
>66MHz bus speed) or the Lombard, (PowerBook G3) which had the bronze
>keyboard and faster features (not to mention USB as well) I think the
>code names are the saving grace of Macintosh products. How difficult
>would it be if every computer was named "PowerMac" and had no defining
>features?
>
>Just my $0.02
>Andrew

... and then there are the Pismos (400, 500 MHz) which are PowerBooks
(G3 and/or 2000 depending on who's describing them)... ;-)

Of course if we all memorized Apple's model numbers, it could be VERY
precise (me? I have a M7711LL/A...  :-)

My pittance to the topic.

Jim Rohde

I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.