On 3/17/03 2:12 PM, "Steve Fuller" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Spew into the
Cybertrough:

> Andrew Johnson wrote:
>
>> Could it be that the AlBook's broken keys are related to people
>> thinking that they're like the TiBooks (and iBooks) and are trying to
>> forcibly remove the keyboards?
>>
> The keys on the one at my local CompUSA werre the B and V keys which are
> right above the space bar. I don't think that was the case, but you
> never know.

People go into CompUSA's just to mess the Mac's up.  I was in the CompUSA
store in Emeryville CA.  A friend of mine is the A.S.C there.  He caught a
kid purposely closing the lid of a TiBook down over the lock bar and
cracking the screen.  He was 17 years old and laughing bout it with his
friends.   The A.S.C. asked him where his parents were and called security
as well as the cops.  It wasn't pretty, but the little b*stard got away with
it.

I would put absolutely NO weight in a machine I saw at a retail Store like
CompUSA.  They are abused machines and should not be used as a
representative machine.

Furthermore, the new 12" and 17" G4 Powerbooks have a redesigned kbd.  So
many users complained about the "squishy" response of the 15" keyboard that
they fixed the problem and made RAM access through the bottom of the machine
and permanently attached the keyboard in a sturdy manner.

Kyle H. Hansen
--
Jesus Saves...but Gretzky grabs the rebound and backhands for a goal!!!