----- Original Message -----
From: "Laurent Daudelin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "G-Books" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, March 18, 2003 3:48 PM
Subject: Re: Pismo and open firmware trick

> On 18/03/03 14:55, "Joe Ellis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > A recent post to this list suggested that some kinds of sleep problems
could

> > fresh new install of both OS 10.2.4 and 9.2.2 with no change in symptoms
so
> > I have pretty much ruled out a software problem with the possible
exception
> > of the firmware thing.
>
> Cmd+Option+o+f should do the trick. Are you sure you're pressing those
keys
> *immediately* after rebooting?
>
> As for your sleep problem, I don't know. I'm myself using 10.2.4 and 9.2.2
> in Classic and my Pismo 400 doesn't have any problem to sleep. Maybe your
G4
> upgrade changed something?
>
> -Laurent.
> --

Had the problem prior to the upgrade. And yes, I'm pressing the keys
immediately, both from a restart and from a full off condition.

In researching this problem; I got a PDF of the Apple troubleshooting and
disassembly guide and from what I can discern from it, the sleep state is
controlled from an IC chip called PMU99 and I suspect this IC is my problem;
however, the book is not clear on where this particular IC chip is mounted.
It could be on the Power Manager circuit card, the sound and power control
card or the main logic board. I've eliminated the Power Manager board
because I was able to try a replacement card to no avail. That leaves the
sound card or the logic board.

Joe Ellis