A recent post to this list suggested that some kinds of sleep problems could
be cured by booting into "open firmware" and resetting nvram. The key combo
is supposed to be cmd+option+o+f keys while starting up. Is there a
particular trick to this? I have tried this a dozen times with no success,
am I holding my tongue wrong? Will a Pismo boot into open firmware or is it
an urban legend? After upgrading my trusty friend to a G4 500 MHZ processor
to go along with its' roomy 40 GB drive, I am still having a problem getting
it to sleep (it won't). I've already replaced the power manager in hopes of
fixing it to no avail. Anyone got a suggestion? The thing is sporting a
fresh new install of both OS 10.2.4 and 9.2.2 with no change in symptoms so
I have pretty much ruled out a software problem with the possible exception
of the firmware thing.

Joe Ellis
Electric Boat Corp.

"If stupidity got us into this mess, then why can't it get us out?" - Will
Rogers