on 22/03/03 02:39, Kathryn Odell at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I went to Version Tracker, just to find something to download. Won't
> download there either. You can see I haven't been downloading anything for a
> while. I went to my extensions and selected System 9.2 all. No change. I
> chose all extensions; my computer freezes on startup. Do you think I need to
> do a clean install?
>>
>>> I've been working on my taxes all day (yuk!) and am finally just about done
>>> with the fed form. I went to download the state program from Intuit, and
>>> found I can't. Then I remembered that the last time I tried to download
>>> something, I had problems then, too. I've got a Pismo running 9.2.2 with IE
>>> 5.1. When I look at the Preferences, it shows a bunch of cookies being
>>> enabled. The browser does fine with everything else.
>>>
>>> Hmm...I just tried my Mozilla browser; it won't download either. When I
>>> click on a download button it just reverts to the previous screen.\
>>>
>>> I'm mystified. Anyone have any ideas?
>>>

>> Can you download from other sites of just Intuit?
>>
>> -Laurent.

If you can, yes, I would recommend that you reinstall. There is something
fishy about this, don't what it is. But before reinstalling, what kind of
connection do you have to the Internet? Do you have any other computer at
home you could try to verify your Internet connection?

-Laurent.
Logiciels Nemesys Software               mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

careware /keir'weir/ n.: A variety of shareware for which either the author
suggests that some payment be made to a nominated charity or a levy directed
to charity is included on top of the distribution charge. Syn. charityware;
compare crippleware, sense 2.