Geez do I feel horrible.

In an attempt to reinstall and *fix* my wife's G3 333 bronze keyboard
Laptop, I somehow managed to crash the computer during the install process.
I was going through the steps of upgrading from OS 9.0.4 to 9.1 (was
intending on going through to 9.2.2) and I must have screwed it up fiddling
with the network while having left it connected!! Ack!

The horrible thing now is that I can't get it to boot from CD! I've
restarted with the CD pressing the "C" key and no go. Instead it boots only
to a partial system showing me the "happy mac" icon, but not doing anything
else. How unhappy!

I hoped against hope that it might be recognized over our soho network, but
alas, here I was dissapointed as well.

Does anyone have any advice?
How can I force it to boot from CD besides by pressing "C"?
Arrrrrggggg.

Thanks for any suggestions!

J.B.