Hey all,

Just joined the list, and apologize if there's a faq I've missed, but I did
take a swing at the archives and did not find any help, alas.

My brother has an original (clamshell) iBook which starts up without a
startup chime and no desktop, but a light blue screen.

a.  Any clues what might be wrong?

b.  Any sources for repair other than authorized apple repair facilities
which are too expensive for old systems?

c.  Any sources for a repair manual?

Many thanks, in advance.

Gary -- San Antonio, TX

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart
people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean
it." --Mark Twain