>> About the only thing that's really demanding on CPUs is the modern
>> video
>> game, and, for that I'd rather have a console than a computer any day.
>> Video
>> games stress a computer physically and I'd rather pound away on an
>> attachment to a $300 console than the keyboard on a $2000 laptop
>> (which does
>> a worse job of playing games anyway).

I both agree and disagree with that statement.  Most of the commen
applications benifet from higher speeds.  Try running OS X on a 4-5 year old
computer...It's either slow as hell or just doesnt work.  Even a word
prossesing program is more complicated and power consuming than whole os's
of the past.  Although games progress at a much quicker rate than normal
software, everything else is also progressing.  And leaves computers in the
dust.  I think the whole future of computing is in upgradibility and the
slowing of having to scrap your old mac's....

nick

--
If I survive this life alive, I'll be very suprised.