I have a somewhat similar problem to Jeff Hubatka's - my Pismo (384MB,
9.2.2, 10GB) has stopped being able to logout from the Finder. It will
give me the dialog that tells me that if I don't do something, it will
auto-logout in 90 seconds, but regardless of if I wait for it to log me
out, or just click on the button to log out immediately, the Pismo won't
logout. If I shut down, I do have to login through the Login screen like
usual, but the only way I appear to be able to log out is to shut the
Pismo down.

I think it used to work to logout a while back (still under 9.2.2) - 3
months or more, and since then I've had to reboot from CD in order to
remove/de-activate Multiple Users CP (due to a keyboard problem at the
time which prevented me from typing certain characters in my password),
but I then went back and re-installed it.

Any clues why I can logout only by shutting down now?

TIA,

Jim Rohde

This message produced with a minimum
of 37% post-consumer recycled electrons