Suggestions on things to do along this route? I plan to leave on 3 July and return around 20 July.

tentative route:

Drive down I-5 to around Roseburg, turn right/west to the coast, drive down the lower Oregon coast (my favorite part), go through the redwoods again (slower this time; maybe spend a day there), turn inland above Eureka onto 299 east to Redding, stop at Lassen Volcanic Nat'l Park, on to Reno, Lake Tahoe, or Carson City (suggestions on where to go in that area are particularly appreciated). Drive along Sierra Nevadas towards and then through Death Valley and on to Vegas for a few days (planning on heading out to Red Rocks state park, Zion National, and Bryce Canyon National parks for at least two of those days). Drive back via Bakersfield to Monterey to see Superbike races at Laguna Seca. Then go to Berkeley to visit a friend - visit some wineries around Sonoma.

Suggested places to go along the way? Suggested places to eat? Amazing views or sights to see? I like like to eat at nicer places but as I am travelling alone except for the Berkeley part, where I stay is less of an issue.

Thanks,

--
Matthew D. O'Conner, Attorney at Law
Seattle, Washington, USA  -  mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]