Christopher D Helmkamp wrote:

> On Thursday, June 12, 2003, at 05:27  PM, K. wrote:
>
> >> I suggest using a different email service for the lists then.
> >
> > Such as???  I am very happy with the N/S 4.8..It's stable and
> > dependable and also my wife loves it.
>
> I think he meant use another e-mail address, not another e-mail
> software program.
>
> In my experience, this may be a Maclaunch problem (because they are
> missing an appropriate debugging/error feature), but it is almost
> certainly "set off" by the ISP you use for e-mail.  Out of 4 e-mail
> addresses I have, two big-name providers (Earthlink most notably) "set
> off" the Maclaunch alarm, one free service did not, and my own e-mail
> server (this one, octoraro.org) did not.
>
> So what can you do?  Switch to another e-mail provider and see if that
> works, or just set your e-mail client to filter out the warning notes.
> There is *nothing* anyone else can do about it -- the power is in your
> hands.
>
> --Chris
> (Warning-message free for two months!  All I did was switch e-mail
> address that I subscribe with from Earthlink to my own.)

Thanks for the info...I will try using a Netscape mail addy that I also have
but won't get to do it for two weeks as I have to go to Boston tomorrow and
won't be back till about 6/27 or so..  I do know from personal experience
that if you do get warnings and ignore them, you WILL be dropped from the
subscriber list automatically...
regards and thanks,
Mike K