on 12/06/03 20:50, [EMAIL PROTECTED] at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> My Reply follows quote. On 12/06/2003 17:32 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> said:
>
>> A quick one for the list....
>> Does anyone know if there is a program available that will show the power
>> remaining when running a Pismo or other laptop on battery?  I know that
>> there is a feature in Norton Windows that does this because I have used it
>> on a Thinkpad 560 but can't seem to find an equivalent pgm for Mac laptops..
> ----------
> Huh? When I installed 9.1 on both a Wallstreet and a 1400, I got, by
> default, two "indicators" of remaining battey power. One on the Control
> Strip with a "speedometer" showing both how much remains and how fast you
> are using it. Another icon on the menu bar which "drains" down as battery
> power is consumed. It show a lighting bolt when plugged into the yo-yo.
> Isn't this feature part of the OS rather than the machine?

Feature of the OS, but it's also there, in OS X. You have actually the
ability to display the time or the percentage of power remaining, in
addition to the battery icon showing the remaining charge in the menu bar.

-Laurent.
Logiciels Nemesys Software               mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe, trying to produce
bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."
-Rich Cook