On 06/12/2003 6:35 PM, Mike K wrote:

>A quick one for the list....
>Does anyone know if there is a program available that will show the power
>remaining when running a Pismo or other laptop on battery?  I know that
>there is a feature in Norton Windows that does this because I have used it
>on a Thinkpad 560 but can't seem to find an equivalent pgm for Mac laptops..

Mike, you didn't say what MacOS you're running, but if it's 9.x, there is
a control strip module that I believe (from its info in the Finder) is
installed with 9.2.1 (and later?) called Battery Monitor. This will show
your battery life (approx.), and I think it is the source of my battery
indicator icon in the right side of my menu (to the right of the
date/time that the Date/Time control panel puts up there).

Or were you looking for something else?

HTH,

Jim Rohde