This is definitely not caused by a virus of any kind. It is a
deliberate act performed by spammers.

Spoofing is a big problem. Check the received lines in the full
headers. Look for the first received header (should be farthest down
the page). Then copy the complete message including headers into a new
message. Send it to [EMAIL PROTECTED] (replacing the isp.com with the one
you find in received), and cc it to [EMAIL PROTECTED] (the organization
created to help police the internet). In the body, place a brief
message explaining that your email address has been spoofed and that it
appears to come from their (the ISP's) organization.

The responses will be automatic. You won't get any personalized
required (or if you have not gotten to the originating ISP). If it's a
US ISP, it should take a week or less before you stop seeing these
returned mails.

Every ISP has an abuse address.

>>> There is a new strin of Klez and Bugbear circulating since last
>>> week.  Could
>>> have something to do with it.  People are subbed to this list on PC's.
>>
>> Still strange, I have not seen anything hit my mailbox like that (I
>> have read the virii warnings out there though).

Hamlin