On Tuesday, Jun 24, 2003, at 22:37 Europe/London, Mick Ring wrote:

It must be pretty hot because each processor has it's own fan and I'm not
talking about those little processor fans.

The vast majority of the cooling throughput in that 'heat zone' is likely to cool the 8GB of RAM stacked at the front. If you have ever tried to take DDR RAM out of a PC just after it's been on for hours you will know how hot those DIMMs get. As trends go, the first model of a CPU never runs very hot because it's nowhere near it's upper limits of performance.

--
Mark Benson

AIM - SilValleyPirate
Visit FlatPackMacs online: <http://fpm.68kmac.com>
No Longer Vintage Macs List Nanny

"Never send a human to do a machine's job."
                                -The Matrix