Bill Vader wrote:

Hi all,
New to this list today, I had a friend bring me his bronze Firewire G3

You mean his Pismo :)

powerbook to repair. The thing will not boot at all. No chime, no nothing. I
opened up the keyboard and checked connections without any of it helping. I
have the power cord and the battery tests good. Any suggestions on where to
go from here?

Two possible things you can try (before you remove the processor board which is not so easy):

1. Is the power supply working? Try the computer with another one.

2. Unplug the power connector and remove the battery. Open up the keyboard and remove the backup battery which is on the lower left, below the hard drive (carefully unplug the white small 3 conector plug). Press the power button a few times and wait for a couple of minutes. Connect it all together again and (try to) power it up.

Joaquim