Hello

I am looking for some upgrade for my Pismo.

First:
 I plan to swap out my noisy & buggy old IBM Travelstar 20 MB.
But what new drive I  should get ?
40 GB would be best ..

The cheapest would be either an
Fujitsu 40 GB (MHR 2040 AT)
or an
Toshiba 40 GB (MK 4018 GAS)
each for ca. 126 (T)euro
both 4200 rpm

Any Hints ?
IBM I have tested...and I dont think I will give them a chance again...
(the Travelstar was very loud from the beginning on and certain buserrors type 1 on startup might be due to this disk)
(+ I have had 6 ! 40 GB 60 GXP 3.5 " wich all where bad )

I hear Seagate (Barracuda) is best in 3.5 Harddisks..
So what about their series of 2,5 " Hardisks (Momentum) ?
5400rpm 2MB or 8MB Cache
Any experiences ?
And I didnt find a price for them yet !?

Second:
I would like to exchange the matshita DVD Combo..
The cheapest alternatives I have found are two
teac drives:
One just labelled as Teac Slimline:
4 (CD burn) /4 (CDRW burn) /24 (CD read)
another is the
Teac DW - 224E:
24 (? CD burn ?) / 24 (? CDRW burn ??) / 24  (? CD read) / 8 (? DVD read)

Will the teac drives work ?
To make them fit will be no prob I think :)
But what about the drivers ??
Will they work under Mac OS "classic" and "X" ?

greetings Jochen