Thanks Sid, for your evaluation from experience, which makes Grammarian
sound worth having, as I thought perhaps it might be from the description on
the website. Not that expensive if it's that much better than MS.

Deliberate use of 'improper' grammar is what I meant in referring to being
of the Winston Churchill school; the old story of him writing a speech which
a minor aide sent back with grammar corrections, to which he responded by
red-penciling in the margin "this is just the sort of thing with which I
will not up put!" or something like that. I may not have the wording exactly
right but you get the drift. If you have ever read anything of Churchill,
who was a most prolific and compelling writer, it is hard to imagine anyone
having nerve enough to 'correct' his writing.

Bruce Mitchell