On Thursday, July 03, 2003, at 01:06PM, Andre Ruegg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>I have suddenly developed a strange email problem. I can no longer send
>email larger than 2kb from my main email account. This happens in both
>Entourage and Mail (I am running Jaguar). The strange thing is that if I try
>sending a larger email from my iBook 800 using my wife's mac.com email
>account the mail goes out fine. I have contacted my ISP and they can't find
>any problems. I have a DSL account shared via a Netgear Wireless router. I
>am connecting the iBook to the router via Airport.
>
>This problem appeared from one day to the next. I must have done something
>to cause this problem but I can't figure out what .
>
>Any help is greatly appreciated. I don't have much more hair left to pull
>out. :-)

if it's happening across multiple email programs (as you said - it happens in both
Entourage and Mail) and it's not happening on someone else's mail account, then it has
to either be something wrong with your account @ the ISP, or with their server.

if it were your DSL or your Netgear, it would happen to all email accounts regardless
of all other factors. it's also nothing wrong with the iBook - otherwise her .Mac
wouldn't be able to send large attachments, either.

what message do you get when it rejects large messages?