Folks:

Sorry to double post but when I saw my original post when I got the digest I realized I never included the drive specs (duh!). Here they are... and thanks for your patience.

IBM Travelstar model# DBCA-204860 (4.86GB ATA/IDE raw, 4200rpm), P/N 31L9846

==
Howdy:

One of my folks poured a cup of coffee in their Lombard yesterday. I
took it completely apart and cleaned it out... amazingly it runs just
fine... all, that is, except for the hard drive which is completely
wacked. The drive seems to spin up fine but it won't mount on the
desktop. I've taken it out, put it in an external firewire case, run
all the utilities that I have but nothing will even see the drive
including all the Apple utitlies in OS 9 and OS X, Norton, Techtool,
DiskWarrior. Unfortunately, the data on this drive is very important.
Does anyone have any further suggestions? One thing I would like to
try, since the drive spins up fine, is to replace the electronics on
the drive. Unfortunately, I don't have another Lombard with this drive.
If anyone has an original Lombard drive that I could steal the
electronics off of to see if I can resurrect this drive, please drop me
an email offlist ([EMAIL PROTECTED]). Any other thoughts or suggestions would
be appreciated.

... e