I have bought several powerbooks on ebay from here in the UK. There is a big
scam (certainly with ebay in the UK ) where people list big ticket items
including PowerBooks, and then offer to sell them outside the auction with
lines in the advert like "contact me to buy this". Many of these seem to
have a lot of positive feedback, but I have discovered they have either
stolen someone else's ID (and you can identify this because you will find
not much recent feedback), or they build up a feedback profile  by buying
many cheap items.
The giveaway sign seem to be no pictures of the actual powerbook - just
pictures from the brochure.
I would recommend:
1. contacting the seller and asking for a serial number and recent photos of
the item
2. asking if they are prepared to use escrow (even if you don't plan to use
it), I have found the fraudsters always find some reason why they cannot
accept escrow.
3. suggest you will pay in cash and collect the item (again even if you
don't intend to, this will flush out the fraudsters who will immediately say
it is not possible. You can do this even if the item is overseas by saying
something like "I will be in your country on a business trip next week could
I drop by and collect it...")

I contacted ebay fraud office and told them about these scams but they have
done nothing. Best of luck.

Chris