The Pismo is so much more slimmer and lighter. Portability is important

Wow... Pismo "slim" and "light"? I'm glad I never handled a Wallstreet,
it must be a real boat anchor if Pismo is light by comparison. (Of
course, I'm a bit spoiled, having been using single-spindle
subnotebooks for the last few years).

Wallstreet is kinda beefy...almost 8 pounds of joy for the 14.1" version. It's
like carrying around a Papoose. It's ok, though...I've never had a laptop
that's been less than 7 pounds. I've gone from a PowerBook 145 to a IBM
Thinkpad 365X to a Wallstreet PDQ 14.1" and basically carrying them in a
backpack has felt just about the same.

All that extra "beefiness" comes from the extra thickness on the bottom (non-lcd half) versus a lombard or a pismo which are about 20% thinner on the bottom half. Yes, it does weigh quite a bit when battery and cd modules are in but, that extra height allows for two PC cardbua slots (type II) or one type III. I am not sure I will be buying a ti or al anytime soon though because of the rather ease with which damage, specifically scratches and dings occur on those machines. Quite frankly, the wallstreet is tanklike and seems built rather rigidly, as if made to last, save for the screen hinge. It also is not so thin that it leaves marks on the screen as well which is rather nice as well. Perhaps I should phone powerlogix and get on with it...long live the wallstreet!
David Pekarsky