> I have one. I'll have a spare mac or two to run a Linux flavor on. Is
> there one for a mac that has the "best" GUI?
> If so, how would you say the GUI compares with the RedHat and other
> intel flavors of Linux?

Can't really compare. Last time I ran Linux on Wintel was over 7 years
ago and I used text mode only at that time. As for the YDL it is based
on Red Hat and you can decide to use either GNOME or KDE. I just
switched back to KDE. For some reason I like it more.
The GUI is highly customizable and the system is more responsive that
when I run OS X. My machine is G4/667 system with 1GB memory and 80GB
speedy disk drive. You can check the KDE or GNOME sites for the look and
feel or go to yellowdoglinux.com for screenshots of YDL.

Jan