Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 15:21:49 -0700
Subject: Re: Update Netscape for Pismo?
From: Steve Kidd <sjkidd(at)cablelan.net>

Netscape 7 is not bad when it's running, but I find it really slow to load up. By far, I prefer Mozilla - I think 1.2.1 is the last available build for OS 9. It's fast, has tabbed browsing, and doesn't go through all that Netscape/AOL gobbledygook on first load.

I'm a big fan of Sillydog's "streamline" netscape installers.
They are required to include all the AOL and Netscape gobbledygook but the default is off so the junk doesn't install unless you request it.
Regrettably they only have version 6.2.2 streamline for MAC.
I'm using version 7.02 streamline on an obsolete (WIN98 233 Mhz) PC and it's much better than the full Netscape install.

-- Andrew in Ann Arbor technology is the answer, what was the question? NOTE: new local address is andrewaa(at)comcast.net