On Wednesday, August 27, 2003, at 09:40 AM, tivo wrote:
The speakers tend to alternate static buzzing, music on or off (although I
probably don't hear it when music is playing). I like to keep one pair of
speakers operating when computing (even without music) for the sounds that
let me know something is saved, etc.

It sounds like it might be power line interference or interference from your monitor. If it's monitor interference, you might try moving the wires to see if you can reduce it. If it's power supply noise, then good luck, there's not much you can do about it except spend more money on better stuff.

Paul