On Friday, August 29, 2003, at 08:40 PM, tivo wrote:

It sounds like it might be power line interference or interference from
your monitor. If it's monitor interference, you might try moving the
wires to see if you can reduce it. If it's power supply noise, then
good luck, there's not much you can do about it except spend more money
on better stuff.

How much "better" are you referring to? Both of these sets of speakers are
in the $30 range, Altec and Labtec; guess this is pretty low level stuff,
huh?

I can't say, but your not getting high quality stuff for $30.00, especially with a wall wart power supply. Perhaps one of your sets of speakers is noisier than the other. It could be noise coming from your computer also. See if you can isolate the problem.