Well, you will need a generic 9.x install CD... ones that come with a
specific machine (other than your Wallstreet) will not boot. The DVD player
will not run from Classic, because it needs access to the hardware, which
Classic does not provide.

You will need a generic 9.x install CD and install (you might want to check
your HD too, since the 'not able to boot 9' problem sounds BAD).