On Tue, Sep 02, 2003 at 03:11:56PM +0100, Luis Sequeira wrote:
:
: My wife's Wallstreet (233MHz, 384MB, 20GB, OS X 10.2.6)
: has developed a problem, in that everytime it starts up or wakes from
: sleep the screen is very dark (its contents being almost invisible).
:
: The grey screen with tbe big Apple logo looks fine, but after that it
: is like the brightness was turned all the way down. Pressing the
: brightness button usually brings it back to normal, but it is a
: nuisance and it does not work when waking from sleep (we have to
: restart the machine).
:
: I remember seeing mention of something like this in some newer models
: (Lombards or Pismos, maybe) and the solution seemed to involve
: booting into open firmware, which, afaik, is not present in the
: wallstreet (being an "old world rom" mac).
:
: I wonder if there is some preference file gone awry that I should
: trash or some other solution (perhaps involving booting into OS 9)
: that the knowledgeable people on this list may care to suggest.

Have you tried resetting the PRAM?

--
Eugene Lee
eugene at anime dot net