on 02-09-2003 21:30, G-Books at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> My Yo-Yo adapter for my Pismo 400 (purchased new right after the first
> TiBooks came out) died about five months ago (and I was ALWAYS very careful
> with it). Since that time, I have been using the adapter from my old
> 1400c/166 with absolutely no problems whatsoever. It charges (what's left)
> of the battery, doesn't run warm and basically provides exactly the same
> behavior as the Yo-Yo did.
>
> An Apple tech told me the adapter would work just fine, at it appears to be
> doing so.

At home, I use a Powerbook 3400 adapter with my Pismo 500 and I like it a
lot. It has a large "brick" that you plug a "standard IT" plug into, which
lets me use it with my APS surge protector (the type that provides 5
female-type plugs, with a switch for each connected computer or peripheral).
The brick has a 3-prong male socket and takes the same female type plug you
use with older computer peripherals (external CD burner, scanner, etc.) and
with desktop Macs. Never had any problems, and they're pretty cheap to buy.

After having read several reports on problems with the yo-yo, I used it
occasionally on the road, but I never wound the cord up like a yo-yo.

Chris