On 9/17/03 8:47 PM, "Jim Schulze" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Spew into the
Cybertrough:
> Oh, and a wonderful warranty it is. I bought the Compusa warranty when I
> purchased my TiPB new from them in 2001. 2 years later the battery
> is dying so I go back to get a new one under their 2 year warranty.
> Oh, the warranty has expired, I am told. What do you mean, with the
> Apple 1 year warranty plus the 2 year Compusa warranty I should be
> good for nearly another year.
> Oh, the warranty they sell runs CONCURRENTLY  with the Apple warranty,
> so basically you buy their 2 year warranty to get 1 extra year of
> protection. For $400 on a powerbook... Apple will sell you twice
> the warranty period for less money.
> Compusa's extended warranty is a giant ripoff. Florida should outlaw
> that and allow Apple to sell their's.

Making a blanket statement that CompUSA's warranty is "a giant ripoff" is a
total fallacy.  You were told at the time you purchased your CompUSA
warranty that it was a 3 year warranty (or a 2...depending on what you
bought) that starts from the day of purchase.  Maybe you weren't paying
attention?  Maybe you only heard what you wanted to hear?

The beauty of CompUSA's warranty is twofold.  They will cover things that
Apple won't while the unit is inside Apple's warranty period...for
example...****POWER SURGES***** which are very huge here in Central Florida.
Apple won't touch a Power/environmentally damaged computer, while CompUSA's
warranty will totally cover a unit that even is charred inside.  The other
beautiful thing about the CompUSA warranty is the *****SCREEN
PROTECTION***** option.  They will actually replace a physically damaged
Laptop screen.  Apple won't touch that either.  Now, that being said,
CompUSA will also cover plastics where Apple won't.  Damaged Bezels etc.  So
it's not as bad as you are making it sound.  IN fact if anything it is more
extensive than Applecare.  I know.  I deal with both of them on a daily
basis.

So are you pissed off at Apple that their $350 3 year Applecare plan *also*
runs concurrently with their 1-year warranty?????
--
Kyle H. Hansen

"It's Always darkest... right before it gets totally black."