on 22/09/03 19:40, nick at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> hello all,
> i have a ws 266mhz in 10.2.6 and latly its been doing weird things....
> first was after i was just done playing starcraft online and i quit
> out...... once it was quit i went to apple menue and shut down....after
> several seconds a bizzare warning came up in several languages....i
> forgot what it said..(wish i wrote it down) but something like i need
> to restart couse something happened....it was also printed in german
> and chinease and something else which was weird becouse all my other
> warnings were in english only...
> so anyway i hit the restart butten...and it got to the gray apple
> screen and stayed forever...finally i force restarted it and it worked
> fine..
>
> then just now i woke it up from a sleep only to find it with a
> compleatly blank screen, as if it were shut off...(definitly not the
> brightness thing)......but hitting the power butten did
> nothing.....finally i force restarted it and it booted to the gray
> apple and hung without compleating...i force restarted it again...same
> thing....i force restarted it again and it booted up fine.......
>
> anyone know what is happining to it?

Don't know what caused the first error. That happened to me on my Pismo
yesterday. This usually means a serious error in the kernel. Your only
option at this time is to restart. It is displayed in several languages
because the computer is inoperative at that point.

As for your other errors, I don't know. Did you check your disk with Disk
Utility?

-Laurent.
Logiciels Nemesys Software               mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

brute force adj.: Describes a primitive programming style, one in which the
programmer relies on the computer's processing power instead of using his or
her own intelligence to simplify the problem, often ignoring problems of
scale and applying naive methods suited to small problems directly to large
ones. The term can also be used in reference to programming style:
brute-force programs are written in a heavyhanded, tedious way, full of
repetition and devoid of any elegance or useful abstraction (see also brute
force and ignorance).