I installed the original 10.2.8 update. My battery meter went from 3 - 3.5 hours down to around 2.5. After today's 10.2.8 update (580K or so), the meter reads between 3.45 and 4.25 hours. This was done with the screen and everything at the same level, and with the Energy Saver settings at the same level on my 17" PowerBook. I'm going to give it an actual timed test tomorrow and see where things are at.

Quick report since I didn't feel like going to bed early. Powerbook 17", LCD set to lowest setting that's lit, processor on reduced performance, Airport on and being used. Unplugged, the battery meter oscillated someand then settled in around 4 hours. It's been about 2 hours and 20 minutes and my meter says I have 1 hour and 43 minutes remaining (41%). This is slightly better than I was getting before Rev 1 of the 10.2.8 update. I'm quite happy with the battery life now.

Steve Fuller