Nolen Scaife <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> asks:
>Does anyone think using some sort of trickery (think "Wish I were...")
>could make Battery Reset work *on* a Pismo?
As I have PBs both Lombard and Pismo I tried a number of such tricks and
was unable to determine how Battery Reset knows on which hardware it's
running. I used GestLab to spoof various gestalt selectors, and also to
compare PBs Lombard and Pismo to see the differences. I also used MacsBug
to try determine and then trap the calls which allowed BR to run (or not)
but as I'm no programmer I had no luck. Poking around inside BR with
Resorcerer revealed lots o' interesting stuff, but . . . did I mention
I'm not a programmer?

If any programming expert would look at my working files related to this
I'd be happy to post them somewhere for DL. I'd love to see BR cracked so
it could be used on a Pismo, but sadly I'm not the guy to do it.

Dan K

http://macdan.n3.net/
carracho://dankephoto.dhs.org:9700
hotline://dankephoto.dhs.org:9500