on 25/10/03 15:45, Tekno Liber at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>> On Friday, October 17, 2003, at 09:39  PM, Geoff Doctor wrote:
>>
>>> WOW! I borrowed my friends lombard, and while I was
>>> playing around with it, I remembered that I could use
>>> battery reset 2.0 with this model.
>
> <snip>
>
> What is this "Battery Reset 2.0" ?
>
> and
>
> Why would it not run on a Pismo ?

It's a little utility made by Apple. It supposedly reset the NVRAM on
batteries. However, it checks for the model of PowerBook you're running and
will report that you can't run it on a Pismo and will just quit. That's why
some people that have access to a Lombard have reported being able to reset
their Pismo battery in a Lombard using that utility.

-Laurent.
Logiciels Nemesys Software               mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

finger-pointing syndrome n.: All-too-frequent result of bugs, esp. in new or
experimental configurations. The hardware vendor points a finger at the
software. The software vendor points a finger at the hardware. All the poor
users get is the finger.