Hello, in the beginning the Internet promised instant and widespread
publishing to everyman.  This was to be the revolution that was to give
voice to anyone who wanted to publish.  But now, to mix my metaphors, if a
thought is published on the Internet and no one can find it to read it, does
it make a noise?  I know about meta tags and page optimization, and search
bots.  I have done searches for topics in my field and copied the meta tags
from the pages that float to the top, into my pages and still my pages do
not appear in search results.  I have registered my pages with search
engines, knowing there is no promise of service.  In reality and jest
threats are made to "Put that on the internet!!"  If there were a leaked
memo from Rumsfeld, a hot picture of Ms Spears, or the notice of a meeting,
how would it be "posted to the Internet".  Any of these bit of information
and countless more can and are posted everyday......but who knows about
them, how does one find them, if no one sees them they do not exist!  I give
notice of my web pages via eMail to those whom I hope will be
interested.....but this is hardly instant worldwide publication.  This is
not sour grapes and I do not have a solution...this is what I think is the
"Myth of the Internet".  Sincerely, Jim Scolman
--
Jim Scolman
Artist Photography Services