On Nov 11, 2003, at 12:30 PM, G-Books wrote:

From: Gregory Cortelyou <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Airport and Digitizing Music
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 10:20:14 -0500

On Nov 11, 2003, at 10:11 AM, Jeff Hubatka wrote:
I've also been recording my LP's to digital. I started with a Lombard,
now I use my TiBook with a Griffin iMic attatched to the USB (no mic
input on this model).

So with the iMic I can just hook up my turntable to the iMic and record an LP onto my disk? Sounds too easy. Can you give me some more info? This is something I have really wanted to do but thought I needed expensive equipment. Or if my computer has a microphone input (my Pismo does) I can plug it right in there? Appreciate any advice. Greg

You don't need expensive equipment, just hard drive space. The AIFF files that are recorded run about 10MB per minute, so an album can easily take half a gig of storage.
Turntables should be run through the amplifier before the computer. I know Griffin has some software (I think it's called Final Vinyl) that allows you to increase the gain at the computer.
I use the tape out RCA jacks into a 1/8" stereo plug to go into the iMic. Someday when I replace this crummy thing I'll get sound in again. Yes, you can plug a cable directly into the Pismo, you just need some sort of recording software. I've tried Spark ME, Audacity, AudioX, SoundRecorder, Audiocorder, and others, but I like the editing interface best for Sound Studio.

---
JSH
TiBook