Bruce Johnson wrote:

On Thursday, November 13, 2003, at 03:46 AM, Melvin Watts wrote:

Hello Everyone!

I'm probrably trying to do the almost impossible, or spend way too much money trying to. . . I gota 233Mhz Wallstreet II with 384MB, running both OS X.2 and Os 9.1, looking to buy a larger HD[20Gig], bump memory up to 512MB, ugrade processor[powerlogix G4 500], I've got a firewire PMCIA card already. . . does this really make $en$e just to make a non-video processing note book video processing ready??

20 gig is nada when it comes to video editing. DV eats gigabytes for breakfast, then snacks on them until noon, when it eats more for lunch.

By the time you're done with this, you're more than half-way to the price of a new G4 iBook for a marginally performing system. You do the math...

I thought a pismo would be a better call, seeing that it's already firewire, and video processing ready!!??

This is the way to go. (or bite the bullet and get the iBook...or a used G4 TiBook.)

--
"Wherever you go, there you are." - B. Banzai, Ph.D.
Bruce Johnson

I was more Inclined to think the same. Just needed a nudge in the right direction! In upgrading the Wallstreet I would have to buy one thing after another and I don't know if I want to keep opening up the computer to make all these changes. . . think I better sell and Invest in some thing else. . . if I cant secure enough money for a G4 iBook I'll settle for the G3 Pismo and upgrade with a powerlogix G3 900MHz upgrade card. The memory I hear can max out to about a Gig, . . . I could alway's down the road pick up a DVD/CDRW bay. . plus the Pismo has a 14.1" LCD, analog sound-in

There is neither a PC Card slot nor a removable device expansion bay; no analog sound-in port; and the iBook supports a maximum of 640 MB of RAM

Well, one thing for sure now I really know that I gotta move on to something that I don't have to do a lot of upgrading. Thanks for the info. :-)

-MW .