This can't be entirely true. I use iMovie 2 on my Lombard 333 (No FireWire) and connect to my Canon DV Cam using a FireWire Card.

On Wednesday, November 19, 2003, at 10:41 AM, Steve Moody wrote:

On Nov 18, 2003, at 8:03 PM, Melvin Watts wrote:

I got a Wallstreet [233] running OS 9.2, iMovie 2, I have my Dv Camcorder running to my computer via firewire card adaptor. . . the problem is the computer recognizes the cardbus adaptor[icon is mounted on desktop], but in iMovie 2 when you switch to Dv camera, there is a solid blue screen with the message "camera not connected". Why can't I capture from my camera?

This is the third time you've asked this question.

iMovie expects to see the video camera at the built in Firewire port. This is the way it is coded.

From Apple (9/17/2003):

iMovie 2 requires the following:
A Macintosh computer with a 300 MHz or faster PowerPC G3 or G4 processor and built-in FireWire port
At least 64 MB of RAM (128 MB recommended)
A CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive
200 MB of available (unused) hard disk space (4 GB recommended; 5 minutes of imported digital video requires about 1 GB of disk space)
A monitor that works with 800 x 600 pixel resolution and thousands of colors (1024 x 768 pixel resolution and millions of colors recommended)
Mac OS 9.0.4 or later
QuickTime 4.1.2 or later
FireWire 2.4 or later (FireWire Support and Enabler extensions)
A digital video (DV) device, such as a camcorder or deck, with a FireWire, IEEE 1394, or i.LINK port
A 4-pin-to-6-pin FireWire cable (for use with DV camcorders)
Viewing Desktop Movies on a TV or VCR from your DV device requires appropriate connection cables

I use iMovie 2.1.1 in OS X. Not in Classic mode.

----
Microsoft Windows is dominant because so many people in the world LIKE an inferior OS.
--
<http://homepage.mac.com/stmoody>

Small Dog Electronics http://www.smalldog.com | Refurbished Drives |
-- Check our web site for refurbished PowerBooks | & CDRWs on Sale! |