On Nov 18, 2003, at 8:03 PM, Melvin Watts wrote:

 I got a Wallstreet [233] running OS 9.2, iMovie 2, I have my Dv
 Camcorder running to my computer via firewire card adaptor. . . the
 problem is the computer recognizes the cardbus adaptor[icon is mounted
 on desktop], but in iMovie 2 when you switch to Dv camera, there is a
 solid blue screen with the message "camera not connected". Why can't I
 capture from my camera?

This is the third time you've asked this question.

   iMovie expects to see the video camera at the built in Firewire port.
  This is the way it is coded.

Of course, the Wallstreet does *not* have a built-in Firewire port. I no longer do video on my Wallstreet, but I used to.
I have used iMovie with a cardbus firewire card (though maybe that was iMovie 1, it was a while ago). The camcorder was not always recognized, often depending on the kind of tape it contained - this was an often debated problem at the time. S

I'd suggest to try and play some different tapes on the camcorder and see if it makes a difference - sometimes, just replacing the tape for a while made the camcorder be recognized and then I could but back the tape I intended and all was well.

If you can't have iMovie work with your setting, I strongly advise you use
BTV Pro (http://www.bensoftware.com). It is Mac OS 9 and X compatible, very solid, compatible with any video source, and has quite a few great features (time-lapse capture, dv device control, etc). Well worth the shareware fee.

Luis