on 20/11/2003 06:42, G-Books at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 14:13:24 -0500
> From: Brendan Black <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Dead Pismo (w/java upgrade)
>

> I am working on a Pismo that had coffee spilled into the keyboard.
> The keyboard is NG but the book worked for a few weeks except for an
> occasional startup problem. Now it won't start up at all. Does anyone
> have any procedures to get it started, and failing that, is it worth
> replacing the motherboard? The motherboard and processor card got the
> worst soaking.
>
> Thanks.

Hi Brendan,

You might want to remove, visually inspect the processor and then reseat it
firmly. Another potential cause is the RAM itself. If the banks of RAM are
stained/damaged you could try removing them and trying with known good
memory banks.

That said, if you are eventually unable to get it working, I'd be very
interested in buying it off you, as I'm putting together a Pismo from spare
parts. If you decide it's not worth your while to repair it (likely, given
the cost of repairs and the price of used powerbooks nowadays), do let me
know about selling it as is.

Good luck,

Chris