I've seen Jaguar selling on ebay at under 40 bucks, and it is a HUGE leap
forward.  I was using final cut on OS9 (on 400 pismo) and suffered crashes,
having to do clean installs, etc on a regular basis. Jaguar is a dream come
true.  If you value your time at all, the lost time  you will gain is worth
it alone. But you will need more memory and a bigger hard drive, and don't
bother with anything pre-Jag--it's a mess.

> > Hello  I am the very happy owner of a 400 Mhz Pismo, with 256MB RAM and
the
> > 6 GIG HD, that is about half full.  I am currently using OS 9.2.2, and
am
> > happy with it.  But, I am thinking of OS X.  I have access to a copy of
OS X
> > that came on a 500 Mhz iMac, an early one.  How do you think that would
run
> > on my Pismo?  I know I need more RAM, but it is not happening just now.
Is
> > there room on my HD for OS X and still have space to work?  How far can
> > upgrade/update before I run into a fee?, that is how many free updates
for
> > OS X are there on the Apple web site?  I want to use the OS X eMail and
> > browser apps, as well as use the apps I use know, which are Photoshop
v6.x,
> > MS Office, Appleworks, etc.  Keep up the good work.  Thanks, Jim
Scolman.