on 12/3/03 5:03 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Looking to add in a FireWire/USB 1.1 PCMCIA combo card AND also add in a
> 802.11b card to a Wall St. running OS 9.2.2. I will be upgrading to X later so
> if
> these cards can be made to work with X that would be good.
>
> Any recommendations? The Wall St. fortunately has 2 card slots.

I am also looking for a combo USB and Firewire PCMCIA card for a Wallstreet
running 9.2.2. I tried a card from eBay listed here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3443775374

That card did NOT work. The card appeared on the desktop but it did not
recognize Firewire or USB devices. The listing claims that it supports Mac
OS 8.6 and up. I have since seen what appear to be the same card with
different labelling stating that they require Mac OS X. I suspect that the
USB 2 aspect of the card might be causing the problem as I believe USB 2 is
only supported in X? Now I have to try to get my money back. :(

I may end up with a straight Firewire PCMCIA card if I can't find a
compatible combo card.

Andre